Concealed Pistol License
Shooters Outfitters & Indoor Range
NEXT CPL COURCES
Oct 29th Dec 3rd
CALL TO REGISTER 231-421-9222
Welcome to our website
Learn more about what we do
Oct 29th or Dec 3rd
This course, presented by Shooters Outfitters and Indoor Range, offers the following details:
- Time: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, with a 6 pm conclusion.
- Course Cost: $150.00
- Your Instructor: Clayton, an experienced and highly trained member of our team.
The course content includes firearm safety, legal considerations related to carrying a concealed pistol, and fundamental marksmanship skills.
Our training is designed to ensure that Concealed Pistol License (CPL) holders possess the knowledge and skills necessary to carry a concealed firearm responsibly.
Please note that all individuals interested in taking the course must meet prequalification requirements by the Friday prior to the course date
CPL COURSE INFORMATION
What to Bring:
- Your personal firearm and ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- A notepad and pencil
Don't worry if you don't have your own firearm or ammunition; we offer rentals and ammunition for purchase.
How to Register: To secure your spot, you must call us at 231-421-9222.
Hurry, spots are limited, and the class can accommodate a maximum of 14 participants.
Don't wait; reserve your spot today! Remember, if you don't call to register, you won't be able to participate.
For additional information, feel free to contact your instructor, Clayton, via email at [email protected]. We're here to help and make your experience as smooth as possible!
What is a CPL
In Michigan, a CPL stands for a Concealed Pistol License, which is a permit granting individuals the legal right to carry a concealed pistol for personal protection.
The CPL course in Michigan is a required training program that individuals must successfully complete before applying for a CPL. Once the course is finished, participants can then submit their CPL application to their local county clerk's office, where it will undergo further processing.
A Concealed Pistol License (CPL), also known as a Concealed Carry Permit or Concealed Weapons Permit in some states, allows individuals to legally carry a concealed handgun for personal protection.
The specifics of CPLs can vary significantly from state to state in the United States, but I can provide some general information about why someone might need one and how it works:
CPL: Personal Protection
Why Many Seek a CPL
1. Personal Protection: The primary reason people seek a CPL is for personal protection. Carrying a concealed handgun can provide a means of self-defense in case of a threat or danger.
2. Legal Compliance: In many states, it's illegal to carry a concealed firearm without a CPL. Having a valid CPL ensures you're in compliance with state laws regarding concealed carry.
3. Travel: CPLs are often honored across state lines through reciprocity agreements, which means you can legally carry a concealed handgun while traveling within certain states. This can be essential for those who frequently travel or take road trips.
4. Peace of Mind: Knowing you have the option to defend yourself in a potentially dangerous situation can provide peace of mind, especially if you live in an area with higher crime rates or face particular risks.
5. Business or Job Requirements: Some jobs or business activities, such as security personnel or private investigators, may require employees to have a CPL to carry a concealed weapon as part of their duties.
To obtain a CPL, individuals typically need to meet specific eligibility requirements, which can include passing a background check, completing a training course, and meeting age requirements.
Important: Note the exact process and requirements can vary by state and even by county or municipality within a state.
It's essential to familiarize yourself with your state's laws and regulations regarding CPLs and ensure that you meet all the necessary requirements.
CPL Course Questions Only, Not For Registration!
Form for Questions on CPL Not For Registration